top of page

Modify Custody &

Child Support

Something Needs Changed

     When circumstances have changed, the court allows you to file to have the existing orders changed, to modify custody and/or modify child support.  You must be able to clearly demonstrate that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances, involving yourself, the other parent, or the minor child.  This may be due to a significant change in either party's income due to a job loss or promotion, a DUI, drug or other criminal conviction, domestic violence, a child reaching school age, a job relocation, etc.

Don't Wait Until You Can
Afford an Attorney

     Modifications are needed to change the terms of custody between the parties, and when custody is modified, it will almost always end up involving a change in child support.  Other cases may not involve a change of custody, but only need to adjust child support due to a change in one or both parties' incomes, since the order was established or last modified. 

     Most people cannot afford the thousands of dollars it costs to hire an attorney (as they typically they require a $3,000 to $5,000  retainer), and they end up delaying for months (and sometimes years), trying to save up enough money to file.  And, meanwhile, they continue paying the legally required (but wrong) amount. 

     Instead... we can help you to file now, on your own, without an expensive lawyer, by preparing all of the necessary documents, completed and emailed to you in PDF forms, completely ready for you to just print out, sign and file, along with step-by-step filing instructions.  If the other party agrees, or at least does not hire an attorney, the whole modification can be completed in as little as 30 days.

Modification Rules
Response and Counterclaim

    We can also help you to prepare a response and counterclaim when you are served with a Petition for Modification by the other parent, with our without a lawyer; or by the Department of Health and Welfare seeking to increase your child support.  If  their Petition for Modification contains false or inaccurate information, you need to dispute it right away (within 21 days) or it will automatically be granted. 

     In many cases, especially those initiated by Health & Welfare, they do not have you true income, and they have not included other adjusting factors, such as child support paid in another case; or credit for other minor children from a prior relationship; or give you the proper credit for insurance premiums you currently pay to cover your children.  Each one of these issues will cause a substantial change in the correct support amount.  

     When you respond to their allegations, you will then make your own separate Petition to Modify, which will be called a counterclaim.  We can do all of the paperwork for you for a single flat fee, as shown on this page under the heading Fees and Expenses.

     Whether or not you were formerly married to the other parent, any desired changes relating to custody will be viewed in the context of the child/ren's best interests under the provisions of Idaho Code 32-717.  Also, any changes to provisions relating to maintenance or support are governed by Idaho Code 32-709.

Ready to File:

     If you are ready for our help, click on the "Buy Now" button on  the right hand side of this page, and we will send you a specific Modification Questionnaire tailored to elicit the information tht we will need to prepare a complete package of modification documents, ready to sign and file in the appropriate county courthouse.  We will also provide an updated Affidavit Verifying Income, and newly updated Child Support Worksheets.  After we receive back the completed Modification Questionnaire, we will have all of the necessary documents prepared and emailed to you within a few days.  

Fees and Expenses:

Our Fees:

  Agreed Modification Package . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 350.00

  Agreed Modification w/Mediation Agmt . . . . . . . $ 350.00

  Regular Modification Package . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 350.00

  Modification - Reply & Counterclaim  . . . . . . . . . $ 350.00


Court Filing Fees:

  Case Re-Opening Fee (a/o 07/01/2015). . . . . . . $ 157.00

  Respond to Modification by Other Party .  . . . . . no charge

PayPal ButtonPayPal Button
PayPal ButtonPayPal Button
PayPal ButtonPayPal Button
PayPal ButtonPayPal Button
Any Credit Card

Contact Us Online

Send us a quick message, indicating the nature of your legal matter or questions.  We can't give actual legal advice, but we can give you legal information (which is not the same as legal advice), and we can provide court-ready legal documents.  As soon as we receive your contact information, we will send you a Questionnaire, tailored to your specific legal matter, to elicit information necessary to prepare documents for you.

Success! Message received.

bottom of page