Has your custody arrangement changed, or need to change, and you want to modify custody or support?

Things change! Lots of changes happen that can, or should, result in a modification of your existing child custody arrangement and/or child support order. Sometimes, one parent remarries and moves out of the area; sometimes one parent loses his or her job, or gets a substantial raise; sometimes, one parent gets a DUI, or starts using drugs and/or gets arrested or jailed; sometimes, for whatever reason, the children start spending substantially more time with the other parent. The rules for modification require that there has been a material and substantial change of circumstances since the date of the last order. Keep in mind, the court does not make retroactive changes/orders, so if things change… don’t wait. Unfortunately for you, attorneys will require a large retainer just to start a modification ($1,500 to $2,500). We are a non-attorney legal document preparation service, and our typical fee is $250.

#change #modify #custody #support #help