top of page

Have you changed or lost your job, and need help to lower your child Support. can he

Life Happens! Sometimes you get laid off, or have to change jobs for some reason, and you suffer a substantial loss of income. Your child support obligation is supposed to be your first priority, but you still have to survive on less money, and everything becomes harder. Don’t just quit paying your support payments, or you may be fined or jailed for contempt. And, if you fall behind, you can be prevented from obtaining a modification, until you become current. A better and more reasonable option is to immediately ask the court to modify and reduce the amount you have to pay. Unfortunately for you, attorneys will require a large retainer just to start a modification ($2,500 to $3,500), just when you can least afford it. We have the forms and expertise to help you modify, and our fee is $250.

bottom of page